How to Restore Your Vehicle's Headlamps
With time cars
age, but some parts show that passing of time faster than others. One of those parts are the headlights, which turn opaque and make your vehicle look older. Not only that, but if not taken care of appropriately, they can affect your ability to see and be seen on a dark road. To help you deal with this important maintenance step for your vehicle, Billsautomarine in Watertown, NY
brings you a guide to polish your headlamps up and leave them sparkling new.
The Materials You'll Need
- A headlight restoration kit.
- Car wash solution, window cleaner or a spray bottle with cold water.
- Masking tape.
- Power drill (if the restoration kit requires it).
- Dry towels.
- Clean the headlights with the water, window cleaner or car wash solution, and then dry with towels.
- Apply masking tape to the areas surrounding the headlights to protect paint.
- With the water or car solution, douse the headlight and wet the least aggressive sandpaper included in the restoration kit to begin. Rub it side to side over the whole headlight with care. Both must be lubricated during this process.
- Grab the next sandpaper up and move it up and down the headlight, keeping both wet as previously stated. The headlight should look glazed. After you are done with the sandpapers, dry with a towel.
- Dab the solution provided by the restoration kit to an applicator pad and run it back and forth over the headlight until it clears up to your satisfaction. Once done, dry again with a towel.
- Apply the sealer protectant with a towel and wipe the headlights with it. Let the sealer sit for a few hours.
- Remove the masking tape and you're done! You can show off your shiny headlights to the world.
Trust in Billsautomarine to Get the Best Synthetic Oil in Watertown, NY!
To maintain your car in top condition, you'll need to use only the best products for it. For example, feeding it AMSOIL 100% synthetic oil
can help ensure that its engine will continue running as expected for longer. It provides such superior protection that, over time, you'll start noticing an improved performance in your vehicle, and even reduced upkeep costs.
If you'd like to get high quality synthetic oil in Watertown, NY
, or need a bit of guidance regarding the wide variety of AMSOIL top quality products and their benefits, contact William Nygard of Billsautomarine
, authorized dealer of AMSOIL Oil in Watertown, NY
. Call (315) 783-1086
to improve not only your headlights, but your whole car's performance!